Biosecurity > Queensland Fruit Fly November Update
Queensland Fruit Fly November Update
Ministry for Primary Industries
General Situation as at Tuesday 6th October 2015
General Situation remains unchanged since the October update.
- No additional fruit flies have been detected since the last report
- The last detection of an adult fruit fly was on 6 March
- The last detection of larvae in fruit collected from the affected area was on 13 March
- To date there have been 14 adult flies detected and 5 properties where fruit fly larvae have been found
- There have been no changes to our relationships with trading partners since the last report
- Field operations and diagnostics (trapping, fruit collection and amnesty bins) in accordance with the Spring / Summer programme continues.
Planning for response closeout (eradication declared and end movement controls on fruit and vegetables) before Christmas continues.
The next update will occur on Tuesday 2 December 2015.
For further information visit: http://www.mpi.govt.nz/news-and-resources/media-releases/auckland-fruit-fly-find-under-investigation/