COVID-19 Economic Package
$12.1 billion package to support New Zealanders, their jobs and businesses from the impact of COVID-19.
The $12.1 billion package includes:
Read more here.
- Initial $500 million boost for health
- $5.1 billion in wage subsidies for affected businesses in all sectors and regions, available from today
- $126 million in COVID-19 leave and self-isolation support
- $2.8 billion income support package for our most vulnerable, including a permanent $25 per week benefit increase and a doubling of the Winter Energy Payment for 2020
- $100 million redeployment package
- $2.8 billion in business tax changes to free up cashflow, including a provisional tax threshold lift, the reinstatement of building depreciation and writing off interest on the late payment of tax
- $600 million initial aviation support package