MPI's Register for Safe Practice
As New Zealand moves into National Alert Level 4 in response to COVID-19, the primary industries have been included on the list of essential services.
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) now needs assurances from industries and businesses that their processes protect workers and the public by limiting interactions and reducing the potential spread of COVID-19.
MPI will do all they can to support the sector through this process. However, without these assurances, businesses will not be able to operate.
If you provide an essential service MPI require you to register with them, and following they ask you 11 critical questions about how you intend to stop any spread of COVID-19.
There are a couple of simple questions operators can ask themselves before registering:
To register or for further information, click here
- Do you have 5 or fewer people (including the owner) working at each business site?
- Can you achieve social distancing measures between staff in your workplace, including travelling to and from work?
- If you answer YES to both of those questions, then you do not need to register and do not need to fill in the form.
- If you answered NO to either of these questions, you MUST fill in the form.
- If in doubt, fill in the form