United Fresh has over 30 years' experience supporting and promoting the fresh produce industry, working with the entire value chain, from seed producers, grower to consumer, providing leadership on pan-produce issues.
We partner with like-minded organisations on conference events, provide networking opportunities, including workshops on relevant topics for members.
As founding members of both the International Fruit and Vegetable Alliance and the International Federation for Produce Standards we continue to take a leading role in both these organisations at an International level.
We are an organisation that bases our services on sound science, best business practices and respect for all, taking a measured approach in all that we do, ensuring we add value for our members.
Through our Technical Advisory Group (TAG) we work on behalf of and in partnership with members and other stakeholders in the important areas of:
- Climate Control & Refrigeration Gases
- Crates & Pallets
- Compliance - Weights & Measures
- Country of Origin Labelling - CoOL
- Food Safety
- International Produce Standards
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Farming Fund Traceability Project
Further services and benefits provided to our members and industry include:
- Funding & Supporting Women in Horticulture
- Government Liaison & Submissions
- Health Claims Interpretation & Advice
- Industry Networking
- Industry Support & Sponsorship
- International Connectivity
- Management of the Fruit & Vegetables in Schools Initiative providing over 124,000 pieces of fresh produce to Kiwi Kids every day
- Nutrition Information Panels for all Fresh Fruit & Vegetables
- Public Relations and Communications
- Research Projects and Pilots
- Supporting the 5+ A Day Charitable Trust to Increase Consumption
- Workshops and Members’ Meetings
United Fresh works in partnership with the Ministry for Primary Industries and Horticulture New Zealand, helping protect New Zealand’s pan-produce industry from pests and diseases.
United Fresh keeps members informed and provides guidance on Food Laws, including the Food Act 2014 and Standard 1.2.7 for making health and nutrient claims for fresh fruit and vegetables.
Food Safety & Traceability
United Fresh works proactively on behalf of New Zealand’s domestic Produce Industry on Food Safety & Traceability initiatives and relevant Industry Standards.
United Fresh takes a leading role and represents the produce industry internationally on issues important to our members and industry Standards.
5+ A Day
The 5+ A Day Charitable Trust has the children of New Zealand as its beneficiaries and encourages all New Zealanders to eat 5 or more servings of fresh fruit and vegetables for better health and well-being.
Fruit & Vegetables in Schools
United Fresh manages the highly successful Government funded nationwide Fruit in Schools programme providing fresh produce to 124,000 children each school day.
Regular members’ meetings and workshops provide a forum to discuss industry issues and provide updates on our current projects.
United Fresh commissions research that is relevant and of value to members.